How your podiatrists in Wyomissing, and Morgantown, PA, can help you and your ankles feel better
Ankle pain is a common problem, and when it affects you, your ability to get around and enjoy your life may be affected too. Your podiatrist is a foot and ankle specialist who can treat your ankle pain and get you back on your feet fast.
The podiatrists at Berkshire Podiatry Center offer complete foot and ankle care, including treatment of ankle pain. They have two convenient office locations in Wyomissing, and Morgantown, PA, to help you and your ankles feel better.
- Ankle pain can cause some uncomfortable symptoms, including:
- Feeling unstable while walking or standing, especially on uneven surfaces
- Continuous stabbing or aching pain on the outside of your ankle
- Swelling, stiffness, and tenderness around your ankle
Ankle pain symptoms can be a sign of an underlying medical condition. Some common issues that can lead to ankle pain include:
- Arthritis in your ankle
- Tendonitis or a torn tendon in your ankle
- A fractured or broken bone in your ankle
- A nerve injury in your ankle
If you are experiencing any of the signs and symptoms listed above, you should seek out professional treatment to get you back on your feet. Your podiatrist may recommend:
- Oral steroid medications to reduce swelling
- Prescription-strength anti-inflammatory medication to reduce inflammation
- Physical therapy and stretches to maintain ankle flexibility and mobility
- Devices including walking casts or braces to provide support and stability
To read more detailed information about ankle pain and ankle pain treatment, please visit the Ankle Pain section on the website at https://www.berkshirepodiatry.com/ankle-pain.html
To find out more about ankle pain treatment and other podiatry services, call the podiatrists at Berkshire Podiatry Center. You can reach them in Wyomissing, PA, at (610) 373-4154, or at their office in Morgantown, PA, at (610) 286-6340, so call today!