Posts for tag: ankle pain
How your podiatrists in Wyomissing, and Morgantown, PA, can help you and your ankles feel better
Ankle pain is a common problem, and when it affects you, your ability to get around and enjoy your life may be affected too. Your podiatrist is a foot and ankle specialist who can treat your ankle pain and get you back on your feet fast.
The podiatrists at Berkshire Podiatry Center offer complete foot and ankle care, including treatment of ankle pain. They have two convenient office locations in Wyomissing, and Morgantown, PA, to help you and your ankles feel better.
- Ankle pain can cause some uncomfortable symptoms, including:
- Feeling unstable while walking or standing, especially on uneven surfaces
- Continuous stabbing or aching pain on the outside of your ankle
- Swelling, stiffness, and tenderness around your ankle
Ankle pain symptoms can be a sign of an underlying medical condition. Some common issues that can lead to ankle pain include:
- Arthritis in your ankle
- Tendonitis or a torn tendon in your ankle
- A fractured or broken bone in your ankle
- A nerve injury in your ankle
If you are experiencing any of the signs and symptoms listed above, you should seek out professional treatment to get you back on your feet. Your podiatrist may recommend:
- Oral steroid medications to reduce swelling
- Prescription-strength anti-inflammatory medication to reduce inflammation
- Physical therapy and stretches to maintain ankle flexibility and mobility
- Devices including walking casts or braces to provide support and stability
To read more detailed information about ankle pain and ankle pain treatment, please visit the Ankle Pain section on the website at https://www.berkshirepodiatry.com/ankle-pain.html
To find out more about ankle pain treatment and other podiatry services, call the podiatrists at Berkshire Podiatry Center. You can reach them in Wyomissing, PA, at (610) 373-4154, or at their office in Morgantown, PA, at (610) 286-6340, so call today!
Ankle pain can make your life difficult, complicating everyday tasks as simple as standing in line or walking around the office. In fact, ankle pain can make you feel so unstable on your feet to the point where you just want to stay on the couch all day. Fortunately, the podiatrists here at Berkshire Podiatry Center in both Wyomissing and Morgantown, PA, offer several effective treatments for ankle pain. Read on to learn more!
Ankle pain: symptoms, causes, and treatment options
If you have ankle pain, you may experience signs and symptoms, such as:
- Intense, recurring pain on the outside of your ankle
- Loss of stability while standing
- Difficulty walking on uneven surfaces
- Ankle swelling, tenderness, and stiffness
Ankle pain can be acute or chronic, and can be caused by many factors. Some of the common reasons include:
- Joint inflammation or arthritis
- Bone fracture
- Sprained ankle
- Tendon inflammation or a torn tendon
- An injury to a nerve passing in your ankle
You can try to relieve ankle pain by placing ice on your ankle several times during the day in combination with over-the-counter anti-inflammatory/pain medications to relieve swelling and discomfort. It may also be helpful to elevate your ankle to avoid putting weight on it.
For chronic moderate-to-severe ankle pain, it’s best to seek out the services of a podiatrist. Here at Berkshire Podiatry Center, treatments for ankle pain include:
- Prescription-strength anti-inflammatory medications to reduce swelling and pain
- Physical therapy and stretches to maintain flexibility and mobility
- Steroid medications to decrease swelling and inflammation
- Ankle braces or walking casts to increase stability and support
Need relief from ankle or foot pain? Give us a call
To learn more about the causes, symptoms, and treatments for ankle or foot pain, call the podiatrists here at Berkshire Podiatry Center in Wyomissing and Morgantown, PA. Dial (610) 373-4154 for the Wyomissing office, or (610) 286-6340 for the Morgantown location.
Walking, climbing stairs, and other daily activities can all be difficult when you are suffering from ankle pain. Ankle pain can be caused by various conditions, such as a sprain or fracture. There are several options available for treating ankle pain due to various causes. A podiatrist can examine your ankle, identify the cause of your pain, and recommend an appropriate treatment option. The doctors at Berkshire Podiatry Center are your podiatrists for treating ankle pain in Morgantown and Wyomissing, PA.
Causes of Ankle Pain
Symptoms such as swelling, tenderness, and stiffness can accompany ankle pain. Another issue associated with ankle pain is instability. Ankle instability can cause you to feel as though your ankle will give out, particularly when walking on rough or uneven surfaces. For women, wearing high heels with ankle pain can further exacerbate the problem of instability, as well as lead to increased ankle pain.
There are many possible causes of ankle pain. For instance, an ankle injury that did not properly heal can lead to chronic ankle pain. Walking, running, jogging, and other related activities can further aggravate ankle pain. Causes of ankle pain include:
- A sprain
- A bone fracture
- A torn tendon
- Nerve damage
- An improperly healed injury
- Tissue and joint inflammation
Treatment Options in Morgantown and Wyomissing
Several non-surgical options are available for treating ankle pain. In some cases, though, surgery is the best option. A podiatrist can recommend the appropriate treatment option for your ankle pain. Treatments for ankle pain in Wyomissing include:
- Physical therapy
- Ankle braces
- Steroid medications
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- A cast or other type of immobilization
- Ankle surgery
There are treatments to help if you are suffering from ankle pain. To schedule an appointment with a podiatrist for treatment of ankle pain in Wyomissing, call the Berkshire Podiatry Center at (610) 373-4154, or call (610) 286-6340 for the Morgantown office.